Swimming

Swimbot Featured In January Issue of Swimming World Magazine

Swimbot Featured In January Issue of Swimming World Magazine

The traditional training method called “threshold training” has been used for years in swimming clubs. The principle is to regularly swim sets that last 30 to 45 minutes at the best average speed with short rest. Scientific studies in the 1980s reported that training at these moderate speeds was ideal for developing endurance.

As opposed to this method, polarized training is now seeing the light of day in many clubs. Polarized training consists of training at low intensities around 80% of the time. The remaining 20% consists of high intensity interval training (HIIT) or competitions and small amounts of threshold work. Most research findings have shown that polarized training is superior for developing both central endurance (cardiovascular adaptations) and peripheral endurance (local muscular endurance).

Swimbot has met Nicolas Granger, one of Swimming World Magazine’s “World Masters Swimmers of the Year” in 2013, 2014 and 2015. He explains to us how instinctively throughout his swimming career he shifted from threshold training to polarized training and who this is the best method for him. :

“For many reasons! I am no longer 20 years old, and I don’t feel capable (either physically or mentally) of doing the high-yardage, threshold-type training I used to do when I was younger. So instinctively through trial and error, I have found with time that training at very slow speeds–with lower yardage, but with extremely high demands on the technical aspects of my stroke–has yielded better results. High-intensity training only represents a small amount of my training volume, either as competitions or occasionally as HIIT sets such as 6 x 150 at a fast pace. It is also important to me to improve recovery and adaption. This enables me to maintain a high quality technique all year round and to perform at the important competitions.

View full post on swimmingworldmagazine

Contact Swim.ae for swimming lessons in Dubai.

______________________________________________________________

Whatsapp number: +971 56 583 0067 (when sending whatsapp message pls mention code Swim2387)

Contact us : Fill in the form and we will get back to you asap.

Contact Trainer

Your Name (Required)

Your Email (Required)

Your Phone No.

Your Question

[recaptcha recaptcha-721]

______________________________________________________________

Swim.ae does all the relevant checks for you. All swimming instructors from swim.ae have the right visa and are fully qualified to train you.

Get in touch with us today, Private Swimming lessons are available in all parts of UAE.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Powered by: Wordpress